[Piglit] Integrating external test suites with piglit

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Wed Nov 13 10:00:39 PST 2013

Hi,

I've been doing a lot of testing lately with the OpenCV library
(http://opencv.org).  It has its own gtest based regression test suite,
and so far I've been trying to port some of these tests over to piglit.
Unfortunately, this has been very difficult and time consuming.  Mostly,
because it is nearly impossible to extract the input data and the expected
output data from these tests.

As a result, I've been thinking about trying to integrate the opencv test
program into piglit.  My initial idea was to add a CMake configuration
option so you could specify a path to opencv's test program and then
write some sort of piglit-gtest module for parsing the output.

I'm curious if anyone has tried to do something similar or if
someone has some other suggestions for how to make this work.

Thanks,
Tom