[Piglit] usage of C++11 STL features in a Piglit test

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Fri Oct 4 12:30:22 PDT 2013

On 10/02/2013 02:32 PM, Jon Ashburn wrote:
> I am working on Piglit tests for arb_texture_view.  I was considering
> using C++11 features  in STL  (e.g. unordered_set).  Any reason not to

What do you want to do that would significantly benefit from such
features?  For the most part, we want to keep individual piglit tests
small, and generally small programs don't see much benefit from such
features.

One of the goals (alas, not requirements) of a piglit test is that
someone debugging a driver failure in that test should be able to
completely understand what the test is doing in a minute or two.