[Piglit] genmipmap-errors test

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Fri Sep 13 10:03:36 PDT 2013

Anuj,

Your genmipmap-errors test checks if glGenerateMipmaps raises
GL_INVALID_OPERATION for integer and depth/stencil texture formats.

Can you tell me which version of the GL spec or extension describes this?

genmipmap-errors fails with NVIDIA's OpenGL 4.2 since it does not raise
any errors for glGenerateMipmaps(integer texture).

I'm wondering if that error check was lifted in some version of GL.

The man page at
http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man/xhtml/glGenerateMipmap.xml doesn't
say that integer textures should raise an error.

I seem to remember some ARB discussion about the validity of integer
mipmap generation but I don't remember the outcome.

-Brian