[Piglit] Crashing tests are not shown in the HTML summary

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Mon Apr 7 19:48:10 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 7:49 PM, Dylan Baker <baker.dylan.c at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, branches do have a pass fail status, it's the worst status of that
> branch's children.
>
> I've been thinking of using a Tree structure to represent the tests in
> Summary. The problem with the current architecture (as it pertains to this
> problem) is that the the statuses of each group are auto-generated from the
> 'worst' status in their children, and the only way to set a group status is
> after the entire tree has been generated.
>
> If you write a patch to add a fake subtest I'll be sure to look at it.

It's actually worse than I thought. It's not a problem generating the
summary, it's a problem generating the results file in the first
place.

This logic is in Test.execute:

            if 'subtest' in result and len(result['subtest']) > 1:
                for test in result['subtest']:
                    result['result'] = result['subtest'][test]
                    json_writer.write_dict_item(os.path.join(path,
test), result)

(why is it > 1 and not > 0? whatever.) In any case, this ensures that
we don't even have the right stuff in the result, so no amount of code
changes to summary can fix it. I thought of throwing in a comparison
of the statuses, but realized they're strings. Would it be an API
abuse to import framework.status and parse them here?

  -ilia