[Piglit] Help with finishing ARB_arrays_of_arrays

Timothy Arceri t_arceri at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 7 15:38:05 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 15:46 -0700, Matt Turner wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 5:04 AM, Timothy Arceri <t_arceri at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi guys.
> >
> > Is anyone interested in helping me finish of the arrays of arrays
> > extension by taking on a mentor type role for reviewing my piglit tests?
> > I'm just looking for someone I can cc in on the tests that will get
> > around to reviewing them at some point in time (no rush). It just seems
> > pointless to just keep resending the same patches to the list as I have
> > been doing so far.
>
> Yes, I'm interested in helping. Feel free to Cc me.
>
> I'll take a look at the patches that you've linked.

That's great thanks Matt. Chris Forbes has also offered to help so I
guess I'll cc you both :)

Here is some extra comments I sent to Chris on those two patches:

The geom shader tests are mainly just tests taken from the glsl 1.50
compile tests and extended for arrays of arrays. I've made some
reasonable assumptions where the spec doesn't provide full detail. As
you can see from the results the Nvidia and AMD drivers do not always
follow the spec even when it does provide full detail.

As for the varying packing test I understand that arrays of
arrays is not really a glsl-1.10 test but this test also contains tests
for 1.20 and 1.30 so I figured I'd add arrays of arrays too rather than
duplicating the code elsewhere. I'm happy to pull this out and make it
into a stand alone test though. It would also make it possible to clean
it up a bit. The way arrays support works seems a little messy, and my
changes for arrays of arrays add to this, but then again its not likely
to need to change again much in future.

Tim