[Piglit] libepoxy conversion v2

Ken Phillis Jr kphillisjr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 12:47:15 PST 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:
> I'd really like to get this in soon -- Fabian just spent what was
> probably quite a bit of time building a new piglit-private dispatch
> builder due to the .spec files no longer being updated, and I'd
> rather we not waste anyone else's time.  I still haven't heard
> anything from anyone using Windows, which is the only real risk I see
> with this series.

Since I tend to use windows a bit I will go ahead and review the
overall patch ( including libepoxy ).

1) Requiring unix-specific features to compile on windows will drive
away developers. ( I am talking about the pkgconfig requirement ).
It's not exactly a good idea to require this on windows.
2) libepoxy itself uses autogen and autoconf... This is an absolute
nightmare for windows developers. I would like to suggest adding cmake
build options to libepoxy ( Mainly to help improve the build process
on systems that lack libepoxy and also make it easier to integrate
within piglit itself )
3) What versions of python are expected for libepoxy to generate the
dispatch tables? Based on what I am seeing it will accept any python
version ( so long as it uses the python as the interpreter executable
).
4) The requirements on Mac OSX are a bit much, This probably should be
changed to make use of