[Piglit] How to use Piglit ?

Timothy Arceri t_arceri at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 30 13:56:04 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 16:56 -0700, Ian Romanick wrote:
> On 01/26/2014 01:16 AM, Maxence Le Doré wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to start contributing to Piglit. But I'm not able to
> > launch a test except the sanity one given in the README. I'm sure this
> > is because I'm not familiar at all with python.
> > Could you give me a bunch a illustrating commands/actions that you
> > usely do while testing/hacking piglit. It will make me gain a lot of
> > time instead of wasting hours.
>
> Also, individual tests are installed in ./bin.  They're just programs,
> and you can run them... especially if they're tests you've written.

Hi Maxence,

Something I found useful when working with glsl tests is when you create
a summary as Marek describes you can click on a test and it will give
you the command used to run that test.

For example a compile test:
/home/timothy/piglit/Mesa_arrays_of_arrays_piglit/bin/glslparsertest
tests/spec/glsl-1.40/compiler/gl_FragCoord.frag pass 1.40

You can then easily run glslparsertest in gdb and pass in the required
parameters for debugging.

Also something useful to note is that its easy to run only the tests you
need to.

For example:
./piglit-run.py -t glsl-1.40 tests/all.tests results
Will run all glsl-1.40 tests

./piglit-run.py -t glsl-1.40/compiler tests/all.tests results
Will run only the glsl-1.40 compiler tests

./piglit-run.py -t glsl-1.40/compiler/gl_F tests/all.tests results
Will run only compiler tests that start with gl_F

./piglit-run.py -t glsl-1.40/compiler/gl_FragCoord.frag tests/all.tests
results
Will only run gl_FragCoord.frag

I hope this information is useful.
Tim