[Piglit] framework test patch bomb

Dylan Baker baker.dylan.c at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 08:05:09 PDT 2014

This series is a collection of work I've done to make the piglit
framework testing better over the last few weeks, and I want to get some
of it landed before this turns into 50 patches in one giant series.

Patch 1 has already been permanently deleted by the time you're reading
this, it's meant to demonstrate the bug that patch 2-8 address. It is
absolutely not meant to be landed, it breaks Environment. So you may not
even want it.

Patches 2-8 Address a bug in nose that is annoying, and provide a simple
easy to use set of helpers to work around that particular issue

Patch 9 converts a complex test that tests multiple things into a test
generator, which generates small tests for each of the things that it
tests

Patches 10-19: overhaul the way dmesg testing works. There are a bunch
of cleanups and refactors, with the biggest being that all privileged
tests (those requiring sudo) now have sudo in the name, so running
nosetests -e sudo framework/tests will run most of the dmesg tests, but
not the ones that require root access, and that it splits dmesg to allow
for more testing to be done without requiring sudo.

Patch 20 adds a bunch more tests to the status_tests module, giving us
100 percent code coverage by running that module.

This is available at my github:
https://github.com/dcbaker/piglit framework-tests-submit