[Piglit] Time to switch to Python 3 already?

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Tue Jun 24 18:24:34 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:30:56 AM Matt Turner wrote:
> It was more than a year ago now [1] that we agreed to "hold these
> patches back for a short time (maybe a month) to give people time to
> get ready for the transition"
>
> In the mean time, we've struggled with Python 2.7 regressions and
> dealt with many "this breaks with Python 2.6" comments. Is it time to
> finally stop?

Yes, please.  Python 3.0 came out 5.5 years ago.  Every major Linux
distribution includes Python 3.x, and from what I've heard it's even
installable in community repositories for enterprise distributions.  It's
easily installable on Windows.

We suggested waiting about a month, and it's been a year.  It's time.

Making a tag or a branch prior to the switch seems reasonable to me.