[Piglit] piglit report format

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Thu Mar 6 02:56:46 PST 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 01:46:28PM -0800, Dylan Baker wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 01:25:01 AM Sergey Bronnikov wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I start to use piglit to test video drivers and discover that
> > piglit supports HTML format only for test results.
> > But for test results de-facto standart is TAP (see more in
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Anything_Protocol),
> > not HTML reports. TAP reports will allow to upload results to test
> > systems like Tapper (tapper-testing.org).
> > Is it possible to implement TAP support in piglit?"
> >
> > Sergey B.
>
> I read the TAP spec. It's not extremely clear, but it doesn't look like it
> would be hard to write a method for framework.summary.Summary to generate TAP.
> It looks like there are at least two python packages for generating TAP
> already, so it would just be plumbing between the two.

On a quick read TAP seems to be a bit limited compared to piglit test
results. If the goal is to shovel all this into a central test server/CI
infrastructure I think we need all the additional stuff like dmesg
capture, stdout/stderr capture, additional result types like timeout,
warnd, dmesg-warn and all this.

Not sure how useful TAP result really is considering all this.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation