[Piglit] libepoxy conversion v2

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Fri Mar 7 11:28:46 PST 2014

Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> writes:

> On 02/25/2014 01:47 PM, Ken Phillis Jr wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:
>>> I'd really like to get this in soon -- Fabian just spent what was
>>> probably quite a bit of time building a new piglit-private dispatch
>>> builder due to the .spec files no longer being updated, and I'd
>>> rather we not waste anyone else's time.  I still haven't heard
>>> anything from anyone using Windows, which is the only real risk I see
>>> with this series.
>>>

>> Since I tend to use windows a bit I will go ahead and review the
>> overall patch ( including libepoxy ).
>>
>> 1) Requiring unix-specific features to compile on windows will drive
>> away developers. ( I am talking about the pkgconfig requirement ).
>> It's not exactly a good idea to require this on windows.
>> 2) libepoxy itself uses autogen and autoconf... This is an absolute
>> nightmare for windows developers. I would like to suggest adding cmake
>> build options to libepoxy ( Mainly to help improve the build process
>> on systems that lack libepoxy and also make it easier to integrate
>> within piglit itself )
>> 3) What versions of python are expected for libepoxy to generate the
>> dispatch tables? Based on what I am seeing it will accept any python
>> version ( so long as it uses the python as the interpreter executable
>> ).
>> 4) The requirements on Mac OSX are a bit much, This probably should be
>> changed to make use of
>
> I haven't had time to look at these changes, nor libepoxy.  But it's
> critical to us that piglit continues to work on Windows.

I've been blocking to give vmware folks a chance to try things on
Windows, but we're at a month now that the patches have been on the
list, and the lack of spec/xml updates in piglit is causing a bunch of
overhead for new test development.

Are you planning on testing the Windows case before I push, or should I
just go ahead?