[Piglit] libepoxy conversion v2

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Fri Mar 7 12:08:20 PST 2014

----- Original Message -----
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Ken Phillis Jr <kphillisjr at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Feb 25, 2014 3:45 PM, Brian Paul wrote:
> >> I haven't had time to look at these changes, nor libepoxy.  But it's
> >> critical to us that piglit continues to work on Windows.
> >>
> > I just checked libepoxy against MSVC2010 and it is a total mess. I
> > recommend
> > a rewrite since proper windows support depends on properly supporting the
> > Visual Studio.
>
> Is this feedback based on trying to build libepoxy with VS2010, or
> trying to build piglit with VS2010 with Eric's released libepoxy
> binaries?

I only noticed this thread now.

Where are these libepoxy windows binaries? I searched piglit archives but couldn't find them.

The thing with Windows binaries is that only .h + .dll (dynamic libs) are portable.  .h + .lib (static libraries) end up being tied to the particular MSVC compiler version and build type.

Jose