[Piglit] Old results, subtests, and piglit-summary-html

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 27 09:29:08 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm seeing an issue where if I use "old" piglit results (I think
something was done to the subtest logic), I see an explosion of
results. I see

ARB_texture_rg
 -> texwrap formats-int bordercolor-swizzled
    -> GL_R16I, swizzled, border color only
      -> GL_R16I, swizzled, border color only

Note the duplication. This causes an N^2 effect with subtests, which
is rather unfortunate... the number of tests becomes like 100K instead
of 10K. Here is a directory with a whole bunch of old results:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~imirkin/piglit/

Take any one of them and run it through piglit-summary-html and you'll
see what I mean. I haven't really done more investigation, just wanted
to raise the issue. However I suspect that commit
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/piglit/commit/?id=80364ef8d6cc2ff8b3910aab4402305ab1aeb0f2
may be at fault (and
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/piglit/commit/?id=3624ae03cfef74522e3fecd362f691753f32fed5
removed the extra duplication for new results, but that doesn't fix
the existing ones).

Cheers,

  -ilia