[Piglit] Old results, subtests, and piglit-summary-html

Dylan Baker baker.dylan.c at gmail.com
Tue May 27 14:53:51 PDT 2014

<baker.dylan.c at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:29:08 Ilia Mirkin wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >

> >> I'm seeing an issue where if I use "old" piglit results (I think
> >
> >> something was done to the subtest logic), I see an explosion of
> >
> >> results. I see
> >

> >> ARB_texture_rg
> >
> >> -> texwrap formats-int bordercolor-swizzled
> >
> >> -> GL_R16I, swizzled, border color only
> >
> >> -> GL_R16I, swizzled, border color only
> >

> >> Note the duplication. This causes an N^2 effect with subtests, which
> >
> >> is rather unfortunate... the number of tests becomes like 100K
instead

> >> of 10K. Here is a directory with a whole bunch of old results:
> >
> >> http://people.freedesktop.org/~imirkin/piglit/
> >

> >> Take any one of them and run it through piglit-summary-html and
you'll

> >> see what I mean. I haven't really done more investigation, just
wanted

> >> to raise the issue. However I suspect that commit

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/piglit/commit/?id=80364ef8d6cc2ff8b3910aab4
402305ab1aeb0f2

> >> may be at fault (and

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/piglit/commit/?id=3624ae03cfef74522e3fecd36
2f691753f32fed5

> >> removed the extra duplication for new results, but that doesn't fix
> >
> >> the existing ones).
> >

> >> Cheers,
> >

> >> -ilia
> >

> > Yes, this is an unfortunate side effect of fixing the subtests logic in the
> > summary handling.
> >
> > The problem is that since the old tests contain n*s entries, and each
> > subtest is enumerated, you end up with a lot of summary entries in old
> > results.
>
> Is there a way to detect these duplicates and not process them (or
> something to that effect)? I think it would be a nice property to keep
> supporting previously generated piglit results files...
>
>   -ilia

hmm, I have wanted to version our results for a while, and this might be a
good time to introduce that feature. Let me hack something up.