[Piglit] refactor and optimize OpenGL test generators

Dylan Baker baker.dylan.c at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 15:47:16 PST 2014

On Friday, November 14, 2014 02:52:15 PM Matt Turner wrote:
> I looked through the patches touching the generators I wrote or
> modified. They seem fine, I guess. I'm not really able to judge what's
> good Python. The flip side of that comment is that with these patches
> applied I'm not totally sure I'd be able to make meaningful changes to
> the generators. I guess that's not a problem, since I don't expect
> we'll need to.

What exactly makes them hard to work on? Looking over the patches that
you acked the only significant  change is splitting the templates out into
separate files, which I find easier to work with since I can open two
separate files side by side. Otherwise they were largely just style or
formating changes (with, print_fuction, if __name__ == __main__, etc)
kind of changes.

I'd be willing to change or drop patches if they're going to make things
worse.