[Piglit] [RFC] Piglit tags/releases

Jordan Justen jljusten at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 18:45:46 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 4:52 PM, Jordan Justen <jljusten at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyway, I discussed it with Ian around Mesa 10.2. While I don't think
>> he was excited about it, he also did not express any reasons for not
>> doing it. Basically, we were going to look at it again around Mesa
>> 10.3 release time.
>
> How about some reasons to actually do it? I still haven't figured out
> what you're trying to accomplish.

I'm planning to create a debian piglit package. (Well, it's basically
created at this point.)

This doesn't require an actual release of piglit, but it is nice to
have. I asked Ian, Carl and Chad what they thought about it. My
original thought was that it would be interesting to just tag the
version Ian used to test major Mesa releases.

Chad replied that he had some reasons for also wanting some sort of
occasional mini-release/tag. Carl seemed to like the idea. Ian didn't
seem to really have an opinion, although I'm pretty sure he wasn't
particularly interested in picking up another heavyweight release
responsibility (in addition to Mesa).

After further discussions we ended up at what Emil presented.

I'm not sure that anything is really strongly is pushing for this.
(Chad does seem at least moderately interested though.) But, as you
might note, the plan is also trying to keep this as low maintenance as
possible.

-Jordan