[Piglit] Silent Python exceptions

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Mon Dec 7 05:55:21 PST 2015

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Jose Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to tell piglit framework to not trap and hide Python
> exceptions, so they can be debugged?
>

> Also, I'd much prefer that Python exceptions would cause the abortion of
> whole testsuite, instead of being captured into the results.
>
> IMO, the framework should be (or aim to be) rock solid -- exceptions in the
> framework are not the same as test failures -- but rather catastrophic
> failures which should never happen in practice.

+1

I was pretty opposed to this sort of "user-friendly" hiding as well.
Although I think this one's gone a step further -- normally you at
least see "BUG: I know what the bug is but I'm not going to tell you"
on the console. I guess this was in a different bit of code. We're all
developers here... just show us the stacktrace :)

  -ilia