[Piglit] Re-run filtered tests results

Timothy Arceri t_arceri at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 22 04:19:30 PDT 2015

On 11/06/15 10:04, Emil Velikov wrote:
> On 10 June 2015 at 23:56, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>> Sounds like exactly what the html test summary provides. Although I'm
>>> not sure how many people actually use it - json seems to be more
>>> popular nowadays :-) I even recall naggin' on Dylan when things broke
>>> on an occasion or two.
>> except html is neither interactive nor fast/convenient ;-)
>>
>> The use case I'm thinking of is mostly driver devel/debug where I want
>> to check if some updated version of a change I am working on fixed the
>> regressions, and that sort of thing.  (Or re-run the failed tests with
>> some FD_MESA_DEBUG env var debug flag.)  So ability to re-run
>> individual tests (or group of tests based on filtered result status,
>> etc) is what I'm looking for.  Versus digging through .json or html to
>> find individual cmdlines for some 100's of tests ;-)
>>
> I see. I was fortunate enough to rerun only 2-3 regressing tests,
> rather than 100's, so html was convenient enough :) The "rerun all
> {failing,...} tests" does sound like a useful feature.
>
> -Emil
I've moved this to its own thread.

Rob I came across this patch by Dylan in patchwork from last year. It
doesn't have everything you want but is a step in the right direction.

Dylan if your still looking to add this you might want to also document
it in the readme file as its such a useful feature.

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/30542/