[Piglit] Weekly 10 Picks from Patchwork for review and friendly reminder to clean out your old patches

Damien Lespiau damien.lespiau at intel.com
Tue Jun 30 03:10:57 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 09:27:27AM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 01:50:31PM +0200, Marek Olšák wrote:
> > It would be nice if patchwork could filter patches according to touched files.
>
> Yeah that would definitely be useful for mesa and also for dri-devel.
> Probably not a top priority for drm/i915 though since it's all for one
> maintainer only anyway. But good idea.
>
> Also adding Damien, in case someone else has another idea.

This has been raised before, instead of just trying to match the diff
part of a patch (with a checksum), we could add heuristics on top. The
files touched, the subject of the commit, throwing a levenshtein
distance in the mix, ...

FWIW, I have been looking at patchwork for some time now and have ~100
patches on top of upstream. The main things are a new design (yey!) but
more importantly present series, not patches, to the user. I've also
done the start of versioning support (sending v2, v3 or patches or full
series) to present all the versions of a series in one place, etc.

  https://github.com/dlespiau/patchwork

There's a list of Issues to track what we want from patchwork as well:

  https://github.com/dlespiau/patchwork/issues
  https://github.com/dlespiau/patchwork/wiki/TODO

I do have a plan of deploy that version of patchwork on FDO, but, well,
I'm not blocked on some configuration details where what I'd really like
is to have patchwork running into a virtualenv to control its
dependencies instead of having to rely on the distro packages. Haven't
made much progress on this front though...

Patchwork is very much a low priority for me, so progress is somewhat
slow, I'd still like to deploy it on fdo sometime soon :)

--
Damien