[Piglit] gl_PointSize, vs-point_size-zero test

Tapani Pälli tapani.palli at intel.com
Tue Sep 22 02:20:55 PDT 2015

Hi;

I noticed that i965 driver currently fails vs-point-size-zero test.

I have a fix for this where I clamp the value in driver for min and max,
as specified by the OpenGL spec (using values in GL_POINT_SIZE_RANGE)
which makes this test pass.

However with the fix I noticed 3 regressing tests:

ext_transform_feedback-builtin-varyings gl_PointSize -auto
glsl-1.50/execution/gs-redeclares-pervertex-out-only.shader_test
glsl-1.50/execution/gs-redeclares-both-pervertex-blocks.shader_test

It looks like all of these assume that gl_PointSize is not clamped but
will preserve values less than zero in the shader.

In your opinion, are these tests OK or should test be fixed to not
assume having values less than 1.0 for gl_Pointsize?

Thanks;

// Tapani