[Piglit] [PATCH 00/17] Remove dependency on libGLU
idr at freedesktop.org
Tue Sep 22 10:00:42 PDT 2015
On 09/22/2015 09:54 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Ian Romanick <idr at freedesktop.org> wrote:
>> I went to build piglit on a fresh Fedora 22 install yesterday, and the
>> build stopped when libGLU could not be found. I thought, "Why is piglit
>> linking with libGLU?!?" For the most part, it's linking with libGLU
>> because it can. Patch 1 fixes that.
>> There are six places in piglit that actually use functions from GLU.
>> The remainder of the series removes these uses.
>> - polygon-offset uses gluProject. After a bit of cleaning in patches 2
>> through 6, patch 7 replaces gluProject with an inline version. Patch
>> 8 contains code that was used to verify my implementation of
>> gluProject. This will *not* be pushed.
>> - Several places in clean used gluErrorString. These were replaced in
>> patch 9 with piglit_get_gl_error_name.
>> - Patch 10 replaces a call to gluOrtho2D with glOrtho. Given that
>> gluOrtho2D just adds two constant parameters "for you," I'm not sure
>> why this function ever existed in GLU.
>> - Patch 11 removes an unused method that called gluBuild2DMipmaps.
>> - Patch 12 replaces another call to gluBuild2DMipmaps with
>> glTexImage2D. The filters on the texture were configured such that
>> the other mipmaps were not necessary.
>> - fbo-depth-sample-compare uses gluSphere to generate a sphere model.
>> After a bit of cleaning in patches 14 and 15, patch 16 adds a simple
>> sphere tessellator to replace it.
>> With these changes, I was able to build piglit on a Fedora 22 system
>> that did not have the mesa-libGLU-devel package installed.
> I did a quick review and didn't spot any problems. The series, except
> for patch 16 which I'll trust you on, is
> Reviewed-by: Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com>
> Patch 16 is
> Acked-by: Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com>
The before and after images are the same, at least. I did have to
change the number of stacks from 20 to 40 to get the same apparently
level of tessellation as the GLU version... and I just realized what the
problem is. I'm doing N slices from 0 to 2pi instead of N slices from 0
More information about the Piglit