[Piglit] [ANNOUNCE] python 3 is here... and python 2 is staying

Dylan Baker baker.dylan.c at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 17:55:09 UTC 2016

Quoting Matt Turner (2016-02-08 21:06:58)
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Dylan Baker <baker.dylan.c at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just pushed patches to hybridize the framework to use either python
> > 3.3+ or 2.7.
> >
> > Everything should keep working as normal. Unless you have python 3.x,
> > then you'll need to rerun CMake to pick up the changes.
>
> There's still a handful of *.py files with #!/usr/bin/env python2:
>
> generated_tests/random_ubo-arb_uniform_buffer_object.py:#!/usr/bin/env python2
> generated_tests/random_ubo.py:#!/usr/bin/env python2
> generated_tests/random_ubo_trim.py:#!/usr/bin/env python2
> piglit-print-commands.py:#!/usr/bin/env python2
> piglit-resume.py:#!/usr/bin/env python2
> piglit-run.py:#!/usr/bin/env python2
> piglit-summary-html.py:#!/usr/bin/env python2
> piglit-summary.py:#!/usr/bin/env python2
> self-tests/test-installed-piglit-script-imports-correct-framework-module:#!/usr/bin/env
> python2

I thought I'd mentioned that in the commit, but apparently I did only in
the cover letter.

The random_ubo_stuff is not plugged into anything at the moment, and I
have a WIP branch for those, but getting the same output from python 2
and python 3 for generators without numpy is tricky.

The piglit-* command were left intentionally. They're legacy interfaces
and we don't add new ones when adding new functions to the 'piglit'
command (piglit summary aggregate, for example). Personally, I'd rather
get rid of them (other than print-commands, which I should probably
update).

And the self-tests, I completely forgot those existed. I'll work on a
follow up patch for that one.

Dylan