[Piglit] [ANNOUNCE] python 3 is here... and python 2 is staying

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Tue Feb 9 19:10:06 UTC 2016

On 02/09/2016 11:03 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 10:02 AM, Ilia Mirkin <imirkin at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Dylan Baker <baker.dylan.c at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Quoting Matt Turner (2016-02-08 21:06:58)

>>> I thought I'd mentioned that in the commit, but apparently I did only in
>>> the cover letter.
>>>
>>> The random_ubo_stuff is not plugged into anything at the moment, and I
>>> have a WIP branch for those, but getting the same output from python 2
>>> and python 3 for generators without numpy is tricky.
>>>
>>> The piglit-* command were left intentionally. They're legacy interfaces
>>> and we don't add new ones when adding new functions to the 'piglit'
>>> command (piglit summary aggregate, for example). Personally, I'd rather
>>> get rid of them (other than print-commands, which I should probably
>>> update).
>>
>> Really? I think it's a lot more straightforward to use them than the
>> "piglit" megarunner thing... not sure why that was added tbh. But
>> since the regular commands stayed, I didn't object at the time. Should
>> I have?
>
> Yeah, I've continued using the piglit-run.py/piglit-summary.py
> scripts. I don't know what I would gain by switching, but I would lose
> the ability to tab complete their names. :)

I never use the 'piglit' command either.  But I just tried it now and it
crashed:

$ ./piglit
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./piglit", line 107, in <module>
     import framework.programs.run as run
   File "/home/brian/projects/piglit/framework/programs/run.py", line
34, in <module>
     from framework import core, backends, exceptions, options
   File "/home/brian/projects/piglit/framework/core.py", line 35, in
<module>
     from framework import exceptions
   File "/home/brian/projects/piglit/framework/exceptions.py", line 57,
in <module>
     @six.python_2_unicode_compatible
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
'python_2_unicode_compatible'

Dylan?

-Brian