[Piglit] Newbie question: command to run tests that passed before?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Sep 7 22:59:21 UTC 2016

Hi!
I'd like to use piglit as a regression test for my opengl test rigs.
My plan is to run piglit a few times on each OS/card combo I need to support,
get a list of tests that reliably pass on each platform, and then
forevermore run just those tests.

I know about the -t and -x options, and the --test-list option, and
about writing test profiles,
but am still not sure what the best way to generate a list of passing
tests to pass to e.g. --test-list.
Test names are a little hard for this newbie to identify in the output
of piglit summary console.

After looking at the source a bit, I tried generating a list of passed
tests like this:
    ./piglit summary console results/quick | grep ': pass$' | sed
's/:.*//' | tr / @ > tests.list
but that includes output
spec@!opengl 1.1 at max-texture-size-level
spec@!opengl 1.1 at max-texture-size@GL_PROXY_TEXTURE_1D-GL_RGBA16

which leads to errors from --test-list tests.list like
Fatal Error: Cannot reorder test: "spec@!opengl
1.1 at max-texture-size@GL_PROXY_TEXTURE_1D-GL_RGBA16", it is not in the
profile.

Suggestions?

p.s. Mesa Haswell is behaving very well on stock ubuntu 16.04, only 1%
of quick tests fail, and there are no hangs or kernel complaints.