[Piglit] Newbie question: command to run tests that passed before?

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 00:53:32 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 6:59 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I'd like to use piglit as a regression test for my opengl test rigs.
> My plan is to run piglit a few times on each OS/card combo I need to support,
> get a list of tests that reliably pass on each platform, and then
> forevermore run just those tests.
>
> I know about the -t and -x options, and the --test-list option, and
> about writing test profiles,
> but am still not sure what the best way to generate a list of passing
> tests to pass to e.g. --test-list.
> Test names are a little hard for this newbie to identify in the output
> of piglit summary console.
>
> After looking at the source a bit, I tried generating a list of passed
> tests like this:
>     ./piglit summary console results/quick | grep ': pass$' | sed
> 's/:.*//' | tr / @ > tests.list
> but that includes output
> spec@!opengl 1.1 at max-texture-size-level
> spec@!opengl 1.1 at max-texture-size@GL_PROXY_TEXTURE_1D-GL_RGBA16
>
> which leads to errors from --test-list tests.list like
> Fatal Error: Cannot reorder test: "spec@!opengl
> 1.1 at max-texture-size@GL_PROXY_TEXTURE_1D-GL_RGBA16", it is not in the
> profile.
>
> Suggestions?

not sure if it helps at all, but I'm using this locally:

https://paste.fedoraproject.org/423693/32953711/raw/

prints cmdline of tests split up by result, (ie. with single src to
./piglit-summary.py it will just print cmdlines split up by category
of pass/fail/crash/etc, with two srcs it will print pass->fail,
crash->pass, etc)..

I typically use it when I'm making some change in driver to just
cut/paste cmdlines for pass->fail or pass->crash into a script to
re-run a subset of tests while I'm debugging whatever it is that I'm
working on at the time, to avoid full piglit runs or time-consuming
running of regressed tests one by one as I debug.

It was suggested to integrate this w/ piglit-print-commands.py
instead, which seems pretty sensible but I haven't gotten around to
yet.

BR,
-R