[Piglit] Remove remaing Glean tests.

Fabian Bieler fabianbieler at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 11 18:17:19 UTC 2017

On 2017-12-11 16:26, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On 2017-12-09 01:52 PM, Fabian Bieler wrote:
>> This series removes the remaing Glean tests from Piglit.
>
> Yay!
>

>> 3 subtests were cherry-picked and ported to Piglit.
>>
>> These test were removed without replacement:
>> api2        no real value
>> vertattrib  GL_NV_vertex_program not supported by mesa (anymore)
>> makeCurrent glX api n/a to piglit
>
> What does "glX api n/a to piglit" mean exactly? What about the tests in
> tests/glx/?
That rationale was incorrect, sorry.

What I should have said is that creating additional contexts and
switching between them with *makeCurrent is not available to a Piglit
test written with the "piglit-gl-framework" (not sure if that's the
correct term but what I mean are tests that use
PIGLIT_GL_TEST_CONFIG_BEGIN/END).

A test can be written without the framework and interface glX (or wgl,
agl or waffle) directly as the test in test/glx do.

Speaking of which, the tests glx/glx-multi-context-ib-1.c,
glx/glx-multi-context-single-window.c and
wgl/wgl-multi-context-single-window.c are similar in functionality to
the Glean test in question. Though without the contexts differing in eh
"directness".
Of Course, these test only work with glX or wgl, respectively. The Glean
test also worked with agl, at least with certain versions of the MacOSX
sdk, I am told.

If desired I could write a test with similar functionality that uses
Waffle to cover Apple, EGL, wayland and I-don't-know-what-else before
removing the Glean test.
Alternatively, the Piglit framework could be extended to allow multiple
contexts and switching between them. I haven't checked if that's
feasible, though.

Fabian