[Piglit] [RFC] glean: remove pixel formats test

Timothy Arceri tarceri at itsqueeze.com
Sun Jul 2 23:03:23 UTC 2017

On 30/06/17 23:11, Brian Paul wrote:
> On 06/29/2017 11:01 PM, Timothy Arceri wrote:
>> On 30/06/17 14:49, Timothy Arceri wrote:
>>> In the bug for porting glean tests to piglit this is
>>> listed as "covered by Piglit" "Check & Remove".
>>>
>>> Since that list was made we also now have a public CTS.
>>>
>>> This is another of the extra slow glean tests. Can we
>>> assume this is all covered and remove?
>>
>> For the record, a quick grep shows that all the extensions used in this
>> test are covered in piglit at least in some form.
>
> I suspect this test does hit some code that may not be hit by other
> Piglit tests (do we test glDrawPixels with all the format/type combos
> otherwise?).
>
> When you run piglit, are you using tests/all.py or tests/quick.py?
>
> The pixelFormats test only takes a few seconds with the --quick flag.

Sometimes running all.py is required. quick.py is nice for most things,
but sometimes all picks up extra issues e.g. when you are messing around
with things that have an impact on asm programs.

On my 8 core Ryzan I can run through 90% of the test under all.py in a
few minutes (which is amazing after switching from a dual core machine).

The only things that slows down the run is the remaining glean tests, it
would be nice to be able to just run everything to be on the cautious
side without having to wait on the tests.

Anyway I'll leave this test for now. Maybe I'll take a closer look in
the future if I can be bothered.

Thanks,
Tim