[Piglit] Rounding mode in Piglit

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 06:06:44 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 3:43 AM, tournier.elie <tournier.elie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> The GLSL spec said "The rounding mode cannot be set and is undefined"
> but in Piglit, we implicitly define a rounding mode.
> Indeed, in some test like
> "generated_tests/spec/arb_gpu_shader_fp64/execution/conversion/vert-conversion-explicit-double-uint.shader_test",
> we check if uint(1.9467) == 1.
> Depending on the rounding mode, we can have uint(1,9467) = 1 or
> uint(1,9467) = 2.
>
> Is it normal or should we change the tests to allow these 2 values?

The rounding mode is undefined, but the GLSL spec explicitly says (in
5.4.1 Conversion and Scalar Constructors):

When constructors are used to convert any floating-point type to an
integer type, the fractional part of the
floating-point value is dropped. It is undefined to convert a negative
floating-point value to an uint.

So uint(1.9467) is always 1u.