[Piglit] Should piglit drop bugzilla and move to using gitlab issues?

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Sat Mar 2 01:35:47 UTC 2019

On Friday, March 1, 2019 1:30:48 PM PST Dylan Baker wrote:
> Quoting Jordan Justen (2019-03-01 12:22:18)
> > I guess piglit makes very light usage of bugzilla. Would it be simpler
> > to just use gitlab issues in the piglit gitlab project?
> >
> > -Jordan
>
> I think we should, anecdotally it seems like there are more spam bugs against
> piglit than real bugs anyway. And when I did some digging there's a grand total
> of ~500 bugs filed against piglit for all time.
>
> Dylan

I would like to try it.

1. It would give Mesa developers some more experience with Gitlab issue
   tracking, without switching Mesa over - which we aren't ready to do.
   (I personally am fairly happy with Bugzilla as it stands.)

2. I think hardly anyone looks at Piglit Bugzilla.  There are very few
   bugs filed there---but more importantly, very few people actually
   read or update them.  Yesterday I went through them and found some
   bugs that were likely fixed ages ago, but never closed.  Others were
   filed years ago and long since forgotten.

   I think using Gitlab issues would provide greater visibility to any
   issues we want to track.  They'd be right there on the same webpage
   with MRs.  MR discussions can link to them.  Email notifications can
   happen and are easily customizable.

--Ken