[Pixman] Supersampling - 2nd attempt

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Aug 13 07:56:21 PDT 2010

Hey,

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, [UTF-8] Krzysztof Kosi?ski wrote:

> 3. Automatic sampling rate: by default, when the filter is better than
> nearest neighbor, the image's sampling rate is automatically adjusted
> to match the transform.

Okay, this sounds like a good idea, and the results are indeed a vast
improvement!

> This can be turned off by explicitly setting a sampling rate using
> pixman_image_set_sampling_rate.

I don't think pixman needs to expose explicit controls over parameters
of a specific algorithm like this function does (it sets individual
rates for x and y.)  There are lots ways to sample and filter the
source, and walking across a regular sampling grid might not always be
the best way to go about it.

Cheers,

Joonas