[Pixman] Compute flags at validation time instea

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Mon Mar 1 07:15:28 PST 2010

On 03/01/2010 02:44 PM, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> Also "Restructure the code to use switches instead of ifs" part probably may
> have uncertain effect on performance. Optimization manuals say that ifs are
> generally faster than switches when one of the cases has much higher
> probability than the others.

Do you plan to use the likely/unlikely macro there?

IIRC __builtin_expect works with switches, probably could be interesting
check that.

Somehow unrelate: I wonder if anybody tried to use gcc pgo. Given we
have quite a good coverage from the test maybe it could lead to
interesting results.

lu

--

Luca Barbato