[Pixman] [RFC] Performance reporting capabilities for pixman?

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 03:54:35 PDT 2010

2010/10/20 Maarten Bosmans <mkbosmans at gmail.com>:
> Below are the results for the six worst slow paths, on Windows. My app
> does scrolling text (pre rendered to a cairo image surface), with
> individual lines fading in and out when they come into the viewport.
>
> Perhaps an extra empty line after the decoded result and before the
> next undecoded line would be better for readability.
>
> Maarten

Hmm, I only send the first six, because I though those were the most
interesting. But the next two slow paths reported are also
interesting. The solid src should be easy to write a fast path for, I
guess.

Maarten

pixman slow path: op=3 s=00000001|00249A76 m=08018000|002F0A7F
d=20020888|002E0AFF - 42/543 (0,047 MPix)

OVER
    solid                 a8                    x8r8g8b8
    -- src --             -- mask --            -- dest --
    NARROW_FORMAT         NARROW_FORMAT         NARROW_FORMAT
    NO_ACCESSORS          NO_ACCESSORS          NO_ACCESSORS
    NO_ALPHA_MAP          NO_ALPHA_MAP          NO_ALPHA_MAP
    UNIFIED_ALPHA         UNIFIED_ALPHA         UNIFIED_ALPHA
    NO_NONE_REPEAT        NO_NORMAL_REPEAT      NO_NORMAL_REPEAT
    NO_NORMAL_REPEAT      NO_PAD_REPEAT         NO_PAD_REPEAT
    NO_REFLECT_REPEAT     NO_REFLECT_REPEAT     NO_REFLECT_REPEAT
    NEAREST_FILTER        NEAREST_FILTER        NEAREST_FILTER
    NO_CONVOLUTION_FILTER NO_CONVOLUTION_FILTER NO_CONVOLUTION_FILTER
    AFFINE_TRANSFORM      AFFINE_TRANSFORM      AFFINE_TRANSFORM
    HAS_TRANSFORM         ID_TRANSFORM          ID_TRANSFORM
                          X_UNIT_POSITIVE       X_UNIT_POSITIVE
                          Y_UNIT_ZERO           Y_UNIT_ZERO
                          SAMPLES_COVER_CLIP    SAMPLES_OPAQUE
pixman slow path: op=1 s=00000001|0024BA76 m=00000000|00000000
d=20020888|002E0AFF - 91/1185 (0,019 MPix)

SRC
    solid                 null                  x8r8g8b8
    -- src --             -- mask --            -- dest --
    NARROW_FORMAT                               NARROW_FORMAT
    NO_ACCESSORS                                NO_ACCESSORS
    NO_ALPHA_MAP                                NO_ALPHA_MAP
    UNIFIED_ALPHA                               UNIFIED_ALPHA
    NO_NONE_REPEAT                              NO_NORMAL_REPEAT
    NO_NORMAL_REPEAT                            NO_PAD_REPEAT
    NO_REFLECT_REPEAT                           NO_REFLECT_REPEAT
    NEAREST_FILTER                              NEAREST_FILTER
    NO_CONVOLUTION_FILTER                       NO_CONVOLUTION_FILTER
    AFFINE_TRANSFORM                            AFFINE_TRANSFORM
    HAS_TRANSFORM                               ID_TRANSFORM
    IS_OPAQUE                                   X_UNIT_POSITIVE
                                                Y_UNIT_ZERO
                                                SAMPLES_OPAQUE