[Pixman] [PATCH/RFC] Move Trapezoids and Triangles code to pixman
Søren Sandmann Pedersen
sandmann at cs.au.dk
Fri Feb 11 06:54:12 PST 2011
What follows is six patches for pixman, and three patches for the X
server. Together they move the code for the Trapezoids and Triangles
requests into pixman.
Moving them into pixman has some advantages:
- It is a performance improvement in itself since it avoids a call to
image_from_pict() per trapezoid.
- There are various potential optimizations that could be done by
rasterizing and compositing in one pass.
- There is a regression test suite for them.
The code is also available in git repositories here:
I sent a previous version here:
Changes since then:
- Add pixman_add_triangles() and make fbAddTriangles() a call
to that function.
- A regression test for pixman_composite_trapezoids().
- An optimization for opaque trapezoids that was lost from the
The regression test showed that the optimization in the
server is actually buggy, since it doesn't deal correctly
- Fix for an issue where the new fbTrapezoids() didn't deal
correctly with the case where maskFormat was None.
More information about the Pixman