[Pixman] pixman on iOS

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 01:21:06 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 6:37 AM, cu <cairouser at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
>> It should be not necessary to compile on linux. Having no OS X, I have
>> never tried it, but chances should be good for successful compilation
>> of crossbinutils on OS X targeting arm linux. Which could a part of a
>> fully automated pixman iOS build script like I tried to suggest here:
>>     http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pixman/2011-August/001362.html
>
> I know we've discussed this previously, but just in case - until such
> time as iOS gets an appropriate assembler, perhaps it might be possible
> to include the "pre-compiled" (i.e. compiled-decompiled into basic
> assembly without macros) version of NEON code with pixman distribution?
> This could be made a part of release process, especially if appropriate
> binutils are available on the release system somwhere.

Yes, just this "release process" should not require any extra manual
labour and be fully scriptable. If there is manual labour involved,
then:
a) somebody has to do this for each release
b) there is a much higher chance to screw up something

BTW, could somebody try to run the following steps on OS X and check
if "pixman-arm-neon-asm.txt" disassembly listing can be successfully
generated?

#!/bin/sh

# build crossbinutils

export BINUTILSVERSION=2.22
export CROSSDIRECTORY=`pwd`
export TARGET=arm-none-linux-gnueabi

mkdir ${CROSSDIRECTORY}/binutils

wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils/binutils-${BINUTILSVERSION}.tar.bz2
tar -xjf binutils-${BINUTILSVERSION}.tar.bz2

cd binutils-${BINUTILSVERSION}
./configure --prefix=${CROSSDIRECTORY}/binutils --target=$TARGET
make -j8
make install
cd ..

# clone pixman sources and get disassembly listing from pixman-arm-neon-asm.S

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/pixman
# gcc can be also used here if clang is not available
clang -E pixman/pixman/pixman-arm-neon-asm.S > tmp.s
binutils/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-as -o tmp.o tmp.s
binutils/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-objdump -d tmp.o > pixman-arm-neon-asm.txt

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka