[Pixman] [PATCH] iOS Runtime Detection Support For ARM NEON
bobby8934 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 04:40:48 PST 2012
Yes, I used the objdump2s.rb script to post-process the assembly code.
Furthermore, I still had to fix some things such as incorrect
decompilation on certain instructions, adding some assembler
directives, and I believe I had to add a leading underscore to global
symbol names to make them link (I didn't look into why I needed this,
it was just easier to do it manually than figure out what the problem
On 2/19/12, cu <cairouser at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just to cross-check - what tool/script have you used to decompile
> object data back into assembly code? Did you use the objdump2s.rb script
> or something else?
> Bobby Salazar wrote:
>> I did manage to get the ARM NEON assembly code to compile, sort of.
>> But not from the .S source file. I spent many hours and basically gave
>> up on that. The macros used in the .S sources are just completely
>> incompatible with the Apple version of gcc and all scripts I've tried
>> to preprocess them failed too.
>> The way I was able to make it work was to follow the advice here:
>> Basically, what I did was compile the ARM NEON code using the Android
>> NDK and then decompiled it back into assembly code. That expanded all
>> the macros for me and gave me usable code for Apple gcc (along with
>> the other steps described in that link above).
More information about the Pixman