[Pixman] [cairo] help building cairo on windows

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 06:59:07 PDT 2012

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 22:25:15 +0200
Andrea Canciani <ranma42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Søren Sandmann <sandmann at cs.au.dk>
> wrote:
> > Andrea Canciani <ranma42 at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> This reminds me that I have some patches to improve building
> >> pixman on win32:
> >> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ranma42/pixman/commit/?h=wip/simpleops-to-master
> >>
> >> Soren, is it ok if I push the attached patches?
> >
> > No objections from me if the test suite still passes with
> > PIXMAN_DISABLE=sse2 set.
>
> On MacOS X the testsuite shows no regression with that variable in
> the env. On win32, pixman did not compile without the first of those
> patches. After it, the testsuite fails with:
>
> $ PIXMAN_DISABLE=sse2 ./scaling-test.exe
> Assertion failed: frcd_canary_variable1 == frcd_volatile_constant1,
> file scaling-test.c, line 356
> pixman: Disabled sse2 implementation
>
> The failing testcase is:
> $ PIXMAN_DISABLE=sse2 ./scaling-test.exe 3348
> Assertion failed: frcd_canary_variable1 == frcd_volatile_constant1,
> file scaling-test.c, line 356
> src_fmt=20028888, dst_fmt=20028888
> op=3, scale_x=27881, scale_y=-65000, repeat=0
> translate_x=55344, translate_y=56484
> src_width=11, src_height=8, dst_width=24, dst_height=7
> src_x=0, src_y=4, dst_x=4, dst_y=3
> w=20, h=2
> destination clip box: [16,6-20,6]
> destination clip box: [3,2-18,6]
> pixman: Disabled sse2 implementation

I think this MMX patch can be already pushed because it does not cause
test suite failures in Linux with PIXMAN_DISABLE=sse2 (checked 32-bit
and 64-bit builds), but already improves MSVC support.

And then try to find a good solution for EMMS problem in MSVC to make
it pass the tests.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka