[Pixman] Pixman compilation problem due to wrong Libtool version

Alexandru Sutii sutii.alex at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 03:44:50 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I am trying to compile Pixman, but sometimes, I am running into some
troubles. The problem is the following:

I am compiling as supposed (at least, I think so):
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

I have noticed that the configure script has a hardcoded version of Libtool
to be used. If say for some reason configure.ac is newer than configure,
when running make, autoconf is fired and it rebuilds the configure script.
The new configure script now gets to have a different version of Libtool
than the one hardcoded initially. With this new version of Libtool, the
compilation fails.

As far as I understand, autoconf should not get fired. Is there a way to
stop it from doing this? Or should the compilation work even with the new
Libtool version? Or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Alex