[Pixman] Proposal for pixman's glyph rendering: alpha correction

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 13:29:18 PDT 2013

I believe this is viable. The same rules can be used for anti-aliasing
shapes and lines, too.

Instead of 1-fg, I would guess the background to be a gray shade, with a
value of 1 until the foreground color goes above a brightness threshold
and then it should switch to fg-K where K is the threshold.

There may also be approaches where it can peek at the destination to
guess at the background color.