[Pixman] performance of bilinear_interpolation

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 15:17:45 PDT 2013

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:43:34 +1000
Maksim Lin <maks at manichord.com> wrote:

> I haven't come across how to do cairo traces, would these work on x86
> based android devices when running firefox? If so I'd be very happy to
> run them and see if I can find more useful information, would you be
> able to point me to some instructions on how to run them?

A cairo trace (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/cairo-traces) for this
website is interesting even if recorded on a linux desktop system
instead of your android device. Just because this use case also shows
a clear performance problem as can be seen by profiling.

Having a cairo trace, we can optimize pixman code and get easily
reproducible benchmark numbers by replaying this trace before and
after optimizations to verify how good are the results (and whether
they are good at all).

Unfortunately, all that I could record so far is a broken trace :-(
Maybe somebody else will be more lucky? If anybody is interested, just
go to http://manichord.com/opensign/ffdebug/ffscroll.html in Firefox,
press ctrl-+ to zoom the page a bit and scroll it left/right for a
while. The Firefox browser needs to be launched by the cairo-trace tool.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka