[Pixman] pixman-0.32.6, Solaris 11.1 amd64

Noel Hunt noel.hunt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 17:16:04 PDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Søren Sandmann <soren.sandmann at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thread local storage is when a C variable is marked with "__thread" as
> being local to a thread. Pixman has an internal cache that relies on
> this mechanism working. On compilers/systems where thread local storage
> doesn't work, you'll get the above message.
>
> Since you are using a Beta compiler, broken thread local support is
> definitely my first suspicion. One thing you might try is changing
>
>     #define N_CACHED_FAST_PATHS 8

>     #define N_CACHED_FAST_PATHS 0
>
> in pixman-implementation.c. That probably will fix the issue at a
> potentially significant loss of performance.
>
> Søren

Thanks for the explanation. This prompted me to check the compiler
options and there is a '-xthread' option for controlling local thread
storage; it has an optional string following it to control whether one
is compiling PIC or not.

Unfortunately compiling with -xthread (defaults to -xthread=dynamic),
produced no change in the clip-test program---still complains about
'No composite function found'.

Also, it isn't possible to set the above macro to zero as this
is used as the length of an array  in the cache_t type and the
compiler complains about a zero subscript.

Noel Hunt