[Pixman] compatibility problem of Pixman on SOC system(such as ARMv7, or big.LITTLE)

Caoqiuhong caoqiuhong at hisilicon.com
Thu Jul 24 04:19:15 PDT 2014

Hello all pixman project members,

>From my email address, you can know that I am from silicon company Hisilicon in China, I am working with Android system on SOC platform.

As we already known that Pixman embedded into Android system(android version is Kitkat, Pixman version is 0.30.0).
I think Pixman already used by many applications in ARM soc system,
Pixman used many optimization code according to different CPU architecture, such as X86, mips, arm. SIMD instruction set including SSE, NEON and so on.

Now we just talk ARM CPU and NEON.
A question from me is that have you tested Pixman on ARM big.LITTLE cpu?
Now I found many games use pixel compositing feature Pixman supported, but the same pixel before compositing with the different output.
The compositing output is correct on old ARM CPU(cores less than 4), incorrect on newest ARM CPU, such as 8-cores A7 CPU, and big.LITTLE(4 at A7, 4 at A15).

Do you know this situation before? I found more games with this issue, compatible with qual-core ARM cpu, but pixel flaw with 8-core.

Best Regards.
CaoQiuhong/Software Engineer
+86+21+61753157