[Pixman] pixman on iOS

Ben Avison bavison at riscosopen.org
Tue Apr 28 09:40:05 PDT 2015

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 16:16:26 +0100, cu <cairouser at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It sounds as though, unless something changed dramatically, iOS tools
> are still not compatible with assembler used in pixman so they are
> unlikely to work.

Pixman's assembly is written in GNU as format. I guess that your iOS
toolchain requires Clang format assembly and that Pixman's build system
can't convert between the two.

This isn't a problem that's confined to Pixman, of course. I'm aware
that the Libav project has written a tool to do the conversion, called
gas-preprocessor. There may be other solutions, but I'd suggest you give
that a try. If you manage to integrate it into the Pixman build system,
then I expect other people would welcome such an enhancement.

Ben