[Pixman] Plan to release final development version before stable branch

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 11:10:18 PST 2015

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Oded Gabbay <oded.gabbay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 8:34 PM, Bill Spitzak <spitzak at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 4:15 AM, Oded Gabbay <oded.gabbay at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> Hi Bill,
> >>
> >> Unfortunately, I don't see anyone reviewed your patches, and from what
> >> I heard, those are quite significant changes.
> >>
> >> It's a shame you didn't bring this up when I did the first development
> >> release 4 months ago. Then we had enough time to check and test it.
> >> I'm quite hesitant of including such changes right before the final
> >> development version, even with a review.
> >

> > I did send email on May 22, 2015, in response to your comments.
>
> That's strange, because I only started working on pixman during June of
> 2015...

You are right. That was just a general email I sent trying to get somebody
to look at the patches. Searching in the history I found 3 of these.

> >> I suggest that you try to contact one of pixman's veterans (Soren,
> >> Siarhei, Matt, Pekka, Ben) offline and ask them nicely to at least
> >> skim over the patches and give a high-level opinion about the series.
> >

> > These were discussed with Soren before. He disagreed with my previous
> > version because I changed to a single filter calculation rather than his
> > pair of filters being convoluted. This version preserves the pair of
> > filters, with some fixes of bugs that caused artifacts in the resulting
> > filters. I'm sending email directly in case they are not reading the
> pixman
> > list.
>
> Could you send me those emails ?

I forwarded the big one from him and my response. The patches I have had
since then I believe address his concerns and preserve the 2-filter
convolution api, they are just bug fixes and some efficiency changes.