[Pixman] Announcement: Patchwork for Pixman

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jul 14 06:48:54 PDT 2015

Hello,

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 15:34:30 +0300, Pekka Paalanen wrote:

> There is one more bit of automation: when a commit gets pushed into the
> upstream git repository, a git hook will run that searches for the
> patch in Patchwork. If it finds a match (the patch content must match
> exactly, commit message does not matter), it marks the one patch as
> "accepted". The person pushing to git will see messages from this git
> hook, and will know if Patchwork was updated.
>
> There is one catch with the git hook, though. If an identical patch has
> been submitted multiple times, it will mark only the oldest as
> accepted, leaving the rest. As I've heard Intel may be pushing
> Patchwork forward, perhaps this will get fixed eventually.

This can actually already be solved, in two ways:

 1/ You can calculate a patchwork hash of a commit by doing "git show
    <foo> | pwparser --hash" and then mark it as accepted using
    pwclient update -h <hash> -s Accepted -c <commitid>

 2/ Or when you apply a patch from patchwork, use a script that will
    add a git note containing the patchwork id of the patch, and then
    when you push, you use a script that reads that git notes and marks
    that patch as accepted in patchwork. Of course this is done on the
    maintainer machine side, not on the Git "server" side.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons