[Pixman] Is Pixman being maintained at all?

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 10:58:06 PDT 2015

On 03/30/2015 10:25 AM, Matt Turner wrote:

> Do you just need someone to push them?
>
> I'm not capable of reviewing these.
>
> Since Søren isn't really maintaining pixman anymore I'm not really
> sure how to proceed.

Is this true?

I think something needs to be done about this as all new work on X and
Cairo is depending on pixman.

I have had an outstanding patch set for 8 months now. Søren responded to
an earlier version and I tried to address it but have not heard anything
since. This is very frustrating as I would like to work on this but I'm
not going to do it if it is useless.

If nothing is going to change in pixman I think Cairo is going to have
to fork it and make a local copy. This is going to remove the ability
for Cairo to use X remote rendering (since X will still be using the old
pixman), though it is unclear if any serious software is using this mode
any more.