[Pixman] Help with sending patch

Fernando Seiti Furusato ferseiti at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri May 22 12:07:03 PDT 2015

Hi Lennart.

Your questions really got me thinking. But I made some researching.

On 05/22/2015 02:54 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Isn't altivec always big endian?  If so, that would make running altivec
> code while in little endian mode interesting.
I believe that depends mostly on the implementation.
The implications of endianness differences for the instructions themselves can
be checked out on Power ABI Specification[1].

> I was under the impression that ppc64le used vsx instead of altivec.
Afaik, vsx is actually an extension to SIMD processing for POWER. It was
introduced with POWER7 machines.

Thanks!

[1]
https://www-03.ibm.com/technologyconnect/tgcm/TGCMFileServlet.wss/ABI64BitOpenPOWER_21July2014_pub%283%29.pdf?id=B81AEC1A37F5DAF185257C3E004E8845&linkid=1n0000&c_t=c9xw7v5dzsj7gt1ifgf4cjbcnskqptmr