[Pixman] bug in pixman 0.30 ??

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sun May 31 22:58:56 PDT 2015

On Sat, 30 May 2015 22:47:06 +0200
Harry Thijssen <pspp4windows at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> When porting PSPP to MSWindows I have lately a problem with the combination
> of Cairo 1.14.2 and Pixman 0.30. The resulting program crashes when a
> windows is resized on MSWindows 7. There is no problem when the resulting
> program is used on Wine.
> The problem seems to be fixed when I upgrade to Pixman 0.32.
> Is this a known issue? Can anybody confirm this?

Hi,

I remember http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2013/12/03/8
but we can't be sure that it is really the root cause of your
problem without having any additional details.

Also things like the stack alignment and TLS may be tricky and
not play nice with your compiler.

If you are really curious, then you can try to git-bisect the changes
between 0.30.0 and 0.32.6

In general, it is a very good idea to run the pixman test suite and
ensure that nothing fails. It can be run as "make check" in Linux,
but I'm not sure about how to best do this in Windows. If you are using
MinGW, then MSYS can probably provide a Unix-like shell where you just
type "./configure && make && make check" to get everything done.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka