[Pixman] pixman 0.34.0 win64 compilation issue

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 13:49:42 UTC 2017

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 17:30:09 -0400
Anand Patel <er.avpatel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am getting an error while compilation of pixman(0.34.0) library on win64
> machine.
> If I compile with 32 bit visual studio compiler then no errors, but it has
> to be built for 64 bit version and in that case giving following error.
>

> % *make -f Makefile.win32 "CFG=release"*
>
> *Setting MMX flag to default value 'on'... (use MMX=on or MMX=off)*
> *Setting SSE2 flag to default value 'on'... (use SSE2=on or SSE2=off)*
> *Setting SSSE3 flag to default value 'on'... (use SSSE3=on or SSSE3=off)*
> *release/pixman-mmx.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86'
> conflicts with target machine type 'x64'*
> *make: *** [release/pixman-1.lib] Error 88*
>
> *Note:*
> ** U*sing msys application(console) to use make command
> * setting compiler toolset to 64 bit
> % C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat x64
> * Requirement to build pixman for 64 bit is that later on, need to build it
> with cairo graphics library that gives 64bit dll/lib.
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like the MMX switch somehow enforces 32-bit mode for this
particular file. You can try to disable MMX because it is optional for
pixman and does not affect its functionality in any way.

Maybe it's even a good idea to have MMX off by default in Makefile.win32
but the decision is up to Windows users (I'm not one of them).

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka