[Pixman] [BUG REPORT] pixman_glyph_cache_create leaks memory that it allocates

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:07:02 UTC 2017

On 17 September 2017 at 22:25, Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:

>> What you reported seems like an user error. Although without a proper
>> log nobody can tell you for sure.
>> The leak I've spotted is a genuine leak in pixman.
>

> Failure to call a destructor in C code could be interpreted as a used error,
> or as a library error. I prefer to call it a library error, because it's
> easier to just destroy it in the library, and not depend on users.
One can call it spaceship if they want to. That doesn't mean it's right ;-)
Yes there's libraries that do all sorts of things to help lazy
users... I think pixman is not one of them.

> In my case, the user is the gtk app created with new Gtk::Main. It appears
> that gtk doesn't destroy the pixman object?

Perhaps your app is fine and gtk is doing something silly? Without a
valgrind log nobody can tell you for sure.
If you have one handy, do ensure that you have all the debug symbols present.

I'll repeat my earlier request - please don't use HTML emails.
See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plain_text_e-mail_(Thunderbird)

-Emil