[Pixman] Giving out commit access

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 13:59:31 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-06-12 at 10:29 +0300, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what are the criteria to give out commit access to Pixman?
> As I could give access, I should probably have an idea when.
>
> I see Maarten already got his, and there is another asking for it,
> but no discussion about them at all that I remember seeing.
>
> Traditionally this project has been extremely conservative. Are things
> finally changing? Does someone have some great plans to revitalise the
> project?

I wouldn't say I have a grand vision, but it's also been actual years
since a release. "Moribund" might be a better word than "conservative"
at this point. Certainly if someone _does_ have some interesting
project in mind it's worth hearing about, but right now my primary
interest is that pixman see enough maintenance that xserver keeps
working.

I think probably the answer to the vision question will determine the
answer to the commit access question. I'm generally pretty liberal
about granting that kind of access, but I'm not the only stakeholder
here, just trying to get something moving.

- ajax